Working at Height Awareness
Working at height is defined as, “work in any place where, if precautions were not taken, a person could fall a distance liable to cause personal injury”.
You are working at height if you:-
- work above ground/floor level
- could fall from an edge, through an opening or fragile surface
- could fall from ground level into an opening in a floor or a hole in the ground
All those who work at height must receive the appropriate level of training corresponding with the work they are carrying out. For example, a window cleaner working on a glass skyscraper will require a different level of training to that of a painter decorator using a stepladder to paint a bungalow.
This course will cover:-
- Key legislation and guidance
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Site risk assessments
- Pre-use checks
- Key hazards and risk management
- Hierachy of control measures
- Personal and collective protection systems
- Different types of access equipment
- Equipment inspections
This course can be delivered online via zoom. An online written assessment will follow the course to demonstrate learner understanding and a Certificate of Achievement will be emailed toyou.
For further information, please contact us using our Contact us form, available here.