Safe Use of Pedestrian Lawn Mowers
Around 6,500 people each year are injured by lawn mowers, either by direct contact with moving blades, cuts sustained whilst sharpening blades or hit by flying objects.
Anyone using a lawn mower should receive the proper training and instruction to ensure they understand the dangers involved and can operate one safely without affecting their health and safety and that of others around them, including work colleagues and the public.
This course will cover:-
- Key legislation and guidance
- Different types and characteristics of mowers
- Importance of pre-use checks
- Site risk assessments
- Correct fuelling and fuel transportation
- Suitable Personal Protective Equipment
- Cutting techniques
- Lawn mower maintenance and service
Please get in touch if you would like any further information on this course by filling out our Contact Us form, available here.